Monday, April 18, 2011

Erin and David Wilcox - Who Are They?


On August 15, 2009, Erin married David Wilcox in the Columbia River Temple.  It was a beautiful wedding and it was great to have Michael, Courtney and Will all present, as well as two of my sisters and my mom.  I always love family get-togethers.  It is my most favorite thing in the world.  Erin's new sister-in-laws took care of the cupcakes and the flowers so it was nice to have some help.  I know Brad and I were leary about having cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake, but there were so many nice comments about that and others have copied that idea (and even borrowed the cupcake tiers that David's dad made for the event.)  We were also kind of concerned about the reception as Erin and David planned games to play.  Not really games for the attendees, but for them to watch.  One of the games was like the Newlywed game with David's parents, Brad and I, and Erin and David as the three couples competing.  Wouldn't you know it - the newlwed's won the game.  Perhaps they were in cahoots with the host of the game - Michael.  Everyone that attended later told me that it was probably one of the funnest receptions they have ever been too. 







We met Michael's fiancee for the first time.  We put her to work and she didn't even complain about being stuck working hard for a family she didn't even know.  She had been room mates at BYU with Erin and that is how Michael met her. 


No comments: