Monday, October 17, 2011

Cardinal Puff Club

When I was growing up this was an exclusive club to join.  My dad would demonstrate the initiation and we would have to copy it.  If we could, we became a member.  He loved to invite people to join after a Thanksgiving feast or some such big meal.  So, one of my brothers and all of my sisters are members of this club.  Lissie had her husband Gary, and I had mine, Brad, also join this club shortly after marrying into the family.  Quite a number of years ago, after Ron and Kellie Wright had come over for a Sunday dinner, my older kids asked about joining.  I demonstrated the initiation and after much trial and error, Michael, Courtney and Erin all join.  As did Sister Wright.  Brother Wright just sat and laughed at all of us dorks.  A few years back, Courtney wanted Will to join, so after a big meal we opened initiation for this club.  Will joined, as did Zach, Kylee and Kaitlin.  (We kind of fudged with Conner, so we will have to make him do this again when he is older to make it official.)  I looked and looked for the picture I took but can't find it and I am tired of looking.  Zach scoffed at this game - "It's just an old drinking game."  Oh, well.  Hein family tradition lives on!

No comments: