Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Paint and More Paint

I guess we are finally getting serious about moving. Brad took a few days off from work to paint the inside of the house. He painted Friday, Saturday, and today. He will paint tomorrow and on Wednesday. I don't think he will be finished then, but most of the house will be done. Probably only the bathrooms, computer room and storage room left, and I am not sure if we are doing those last two rooms at all. No pictures to show you - too embarrassing.

This morning we had all of our bedroom furniture in the living room, plus the living room furniture pulled out into the middle of the room, the laundry, the extra laundry Erin decided to do late Saturday night, and Conner's toys and books, all in the living room. We had just waken up Conner so he and Kaitlin could go to swimming lessons so he was running around the house looking for his swimming suit, his goggles, and dancing around as he needed to go to the bathroom, so he is also yelling and holding as he is running. Erin was running around trying to get ready to go to work as she had to catch the bus soon, Brad had started painting the edges in the kitchen and living room, Zach was trying to get ready to go work out at the gym at Columbia Basin College, I was trying to gather up some food for Conner to eat for breakfast in the car and eat my own breakfast and talk on the phone about some Relief Society stuff, Kaitlin and Kylee are trying to gather up their swim suits and school books so they can go to swimming lessons too - and the doorbell rings. It is the Cable guy (actually we don't have cable, we have a satellite dish that hasn't been working for the past week and a half, they were scheduled to come this afternoon, but showed up at 8:30 AM instead. I can just imagine what was in his head when he saw the disaster in the living room and all the people running around and looking for the remote now too, and just the craziness of it all. It reminded me of the first Home Alone show before they all left on vacation and the pizza guy and policeman/bad guy were trying to talk to some adults who lived there. How embarrassing! I always feel really good about life when I have a clean spot in the house. And no where qualifies. We have curtains that need to go to the dry cleaners and boxes to go to the storage unit in the family room too. I guess I will just have to sleep in the tub since there isn't tons of junk in the bathroom right now. I am sure the Cable guys went home and told his wife about the crazy house he went to today and just shook his head in amazement. Oh well. In a few days we will be back to normal, I hope.

2 comments:

Ro's Lumpy Breast said...

O.k. I was going to be upset but then I think I remember you told me about your blog. I just found it today. Anyway I am excited to get to hear more about what is going on with you. So I am glad to say I found your blog. Your life is always so busy but things really sound busy. We saw Aaron yesterday at Sonic. O.k. I try not to go there so much so she doesn't come home everyday and say she saw me there. I love there drinks. Anyway I am excited for your family that things at the house seem to be going and moving forward. You sound like you are keeping busy at your current house. I am sure here soon it will switch over to the new house. Are you guys still planning on doing some of the work?
You are doing swimming lessons. I miss seeing you down there everyday for lunch. I just haven't had time to get the kids signed up and down there. Cole is in golf two days a week right during swimming. I was just trying to figure out when to take them. Maybe we will go in a few weeks and see you there.

rip said...

Whew! I can relate to that scenario. I told you about the realtor that showed up on MONDAY morning to see the house! Not pretty.

One day we will sit on our patio's and enjoy the fruit of our labors!