Sunday, July 6, 2008

No More Mountains


We went out to see how it was going with our house and the kids were disappointed. All of the mountains of dirt they have been climbing on each trip are now gone. They have always loved climbing the mountains of sand and dirt whenever we go to Payette, Idaho to visit Grandma and Grandpa Anderson, and here we had our own piles. What a disappointment! The picture was taken right before you enter the actual circle of the court with our land being the one slightly to the left of the porta-potty.


This is the only mountain left, and it is slightly higher than my knee.


Here is a picture of the basement. Brother Bassett poured the floor. Our builder prefers to not use sub-contractors that he in unfamiliar with, but we asked them to allow Brother Bassett to bid on it, and he had a better bid than what Ken's guys were able to give. So, even though Ken was still leery about using an unknown, he went ahead and did it anyway. And Ken was very impressed. He said the work was very well done, and in a timely manner, and that Brother Bassett was pleasant to work with. All-in-all, Ken was very impressed. I knew he would be. I had seen Brother Bassett's work from a few years ago and thought it was very well done then too. Here is one more picture of our basement. There are four window wells, two on the south side and two on the west side, the Moon's side.


And just a tid-bit for you - the Moon's have sold their house, so as soon as they get a houseplan, perhaps we will have new neighbors. Our house is almost ready to put up for sale. Dad still has the two bathrooms to paint, and we have the carpet to clean. We also have to wait for all of the curtains to come back from the dry cleaners. Then I think we are done. We cleaned out Kylee and Kaitlin's room - you all know how they think being messy is organized... As soon as we were done, Kylee says, "There is nothing left in here to make a mess with." Tomorrow when it is light and no one is sleeping in there, I will take a picture of it. I hope you don't have a heart attack. I know it will be close though.

2 comments:

Ro's Lumpy Breast said...

I was out at your house last week with Ryan. Wow no more dirt piles. I can't believe it is flat. I loving watching a house go up. It seems you can see something almost everyday change. You sound busy cleaning and painting. Are the kids excited to watch the house go up. Does it seem a little more real. Tell Moon's Yah for me. I am so excited for them. I am sure she is in shock. That didn't seem long to sell. It was time and meant to be. Love that I have found the website with your updates. Thanks!

terramisu said...

The progress looks great! I think you should keep the porta potty! hehe