Monday, May 9, 2011

Relief Society Birthday Dinner March 5, 2010

Before I get into the description of a really fun and exciting Relief Society Birthday dinner that I was in charge of I wanted to just share a few random pictures.





  1.  Zach memorized and then presented to his AP English class a soliloquy of Romeo from the play Romeo and Juliet.  He borrowed Elizabethan style clothes to dress up for this.

 Walked by the stairs the other day and it looked like Conner had fallen down the stairs.  After checking for his health and well-being (he had just fallen asleep) I thought I would snap a few pictures. 


We drove up to Cheney so we could be part of a baby shower for Courtney and her soon to be born baby girl.  Many of the ladies from her ward that attended had new babies themselves, so it was kind of funny to be at a baby shower with a bunch of babies.  But they were all cute and they all behaved well.  Kylee and Kaitlin got an earful of all kinds of pregnancy and labor and birthing stories, be they good or bad. 







Okay, now about that birthday dinner.  My committee had been working on this for some time.  We were planning a garden party with Relief Society sisters from the past visiting and sharing with us about the time when they had been alive.  We also had musical numbers lined up to correspond with the various time periods.  We had a delicious dinner planned with many of the recipes based on the restaurant Cafe Rio.  I was in charge of making all of the rice and their special sauce from tomatillo's.  We went the night before (a Thursday) and set up.  This involved quite a few people as we had to put together the stage and we had lots of flowers and picket fences and a gazebo style feel to the event.  It looked beautiful.  So the next morning I worked on my sauce and my rice (tons of it as we had invited the husbands to attend as well.  Kylee and Kaitlin were going to help run the nursery.)  Along about noon we received a phone call at home.  This was a call I had been expecting all day!  I had told Courtney that because I had this humongous event planned and I was in charge and really couldn't miss this, that this would be the day she would have her baby.  She scoffed at me.  Her doctor is on vacation until next week, so she had most definitely better be waiting until then.  But no - Will was calling from the hospital in Spokane.  Courtney was staying to have a baby.  I called up Sister Moon and asked her to be me for the night and gave her all of the necessary instructions and prepared food, etc.  Brad and I picked up Zach, Kylee and Kaitlin from school as soon as it was out and we drove up to Spokane.  We arrived  at a bit after 4:30.  As we were getting out of the car at the hospital, Will called and said Whitney Anne had arrived.  We quickly went up to the hospital and met the new addition to the Keeler family.  We got to hold her and love her and be there when she was less than an hour old.  I particularly love the picture of Zach holding baby Whitney.  It is so tender and touching.  Zach kind of hogged her as the pictures will attest to.  I thought about titling this Whitney is Here!  But I decided to go more for the surprise element. 












No comments: