Sunday, June 21, 2009

Conner's Right

I was talking to Conner as we were doing math and he asked me why he had to do such hard math. We have been doing borrowing and carrying and a bit of multiplication and fractions. At the time we had this conversation I was having him do mental math. Conner: Why do I have to do such hard math?
Me: Well, because you can.
Conner: Yeah, but I am only in kindergarten and this is a 2nd grade math book.
Me: Well, it isn't my fault someone in this house is really good at math. Now who do you suppose it is?
Conner: (NOT PAUSING TO THINK)Zach!

He must certainly be right. For the third year in a row Zach has won the golden bulldog for Pasco High School for math. Zach is really good in math, he is good in other subjects too and we are pleased with his good work.

No comments: