Saturday, June 14, 2008

First Groundbreaking

Before I blog any farther, let me explain why I am soooo far behind. The past few weeks my kids have hogged the computer - and no it hasn't been games and junk like that. They have had papers and reports, and research like you wouldn't believe. Even though we have two computers I never got a turn and now that school is out, I might still not ever get a turn. I didn't want my kids to hang out on the computer, or playing video games, or watching TV all summer, so they have to buy time to do these things. To buy time they have to play outside, read, do Duty to God, Scouts, Personal Progress, read to Conner, play outside with Conner, do their school assignments, etc. I figured it is only fair if I have to do the same. So.... the first week is free, they can accrue time, but don't have to spend any to use any of the technology we have around the house, but after that...Zach created an excel spread sheet for everyone to keep track as to what they have earned and what they have used. Guess we will see how this works.

Now to catch up on what has been going on with our house. On Monday, May 19, we met with the Moon's and the Jacobs to have a BBQ and groundbreaking at the land. Here is a photo of our family compliments of Terri Moon.



The rest of the photo's I took. There are pictures of the Moon family as they are breaking ground on their plot and the Jacobs family on their plot of land. Sister Moon bought cute little shovels and painted them gold for our ceremony. Seemed like we should have something important to say, but we just dug a bit of a hole and took a few pictures. We ate hotdogs roasted on sticks over a fire pit that is actually on our land, chips, salad, and then of course, we had s'mores. Well, I have been trying to figure out how to put labels with my pictures but I am a real dunce with the computer right now and am about out of patience. Besides I think my turn on the computer is over as I have had three kids come in to see if I am done yet so...













No comments: